Staples sought to engage students ages 8 - 14 in the invention of office and school products.
• In-school Staples-branded posters and student activity guides with parent participation letter and activity
• Additional outreach: circular advertising, educational curriculum, email blasts (21MM impressions) and Staples loyalty program • In store kiosks
• Satellite media tour and high-profile celebrity event at NYC’s Grand Central Station
• Online voting (American Idol style) for five finalists
• Final event at NASDAQ: announcement of winners, who opened Exchange!
• 325,000 teacher kits distributed at 1,800 Staples stores, reaching 9.75MM families
• 126MM media impressions generated • 12MM education impressions generated
• Winning invention was produced and sold at Staples
• Over 4,000 inventions submitted