Warren Buffett’s Secret Millionaires Club and Genius Brands International Inc. (Nasdaq: GNUS) wanted to bring financial literacy into the classroom. Sponsored by The Fairholme Foundation and Experian the program focused around an animated financial literacy program featuring Warren Buffett as a mentor to the students.
The Learn and Earn educational promotion program is a fully integrated print, online, mobile and social media program that launched with the Back to School TV special and includes a national competition where the winners present their ideas to Mr. Buffett
The activities and challenge brings the financial lessons and sound business values of Mr. Buffett from Secret Millionaires Club programming into the classrooms, homes and afterschool organizations
• Over 2 Billion media impressions including CNN, CNBC, New York Times, Forbes and Wall Street Journal
• 120 sponsor branded educational activities available free to teachers in 4 grade levels to teach financial literacy
• 100,000 educational kits distributed to teachers throughout the U.S.
• A robust website with over 1,500,000 downloads of educational materials
• Over 16,000 kids entered the “Grow Your Own Business Challenge”
• Online voting had over 130,000 votes cast for top ideas
• A final event in Omaha with Warren Buffett where he gave the 15 winners 10 shares of Berkshire Hathaway B stock